[Ur] Error while loading shared libraries: liburweb_http.so.0

Yves Cloutier yves.cloutier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:52:04 EDT 2016

First, thanks Adam for pointing out that I should refer to tables at t for
DELETE and UPDATE.

This resolved my compilation problem.

But now when executing the binary, I get the following:

error while loading shared libraries: liburweb_http.so.0: cannot open

Using "whereis" gives the following:

/usr/local/lib/liburweb_http.so

Also looking at the output of compiling urweb, I see:

Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.

So I assume the library is there in /usr/local/lib, but that the urweb
compiler doesn't know about it somehow, and that I need to add this to path
so that it knows where to find it.

I tried modifying /etc/ld.so.conf to:

#
# /etc/ld.so.conf
#

include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
include /usr/local/lib/*.so*

# End of file

However I still get the error after recompiling my program and trying to
run it.

Seems Arch Linux is not my friend.