[Ur] Error while loading shared libraries: liburweb_http.so.0

Benjamin Barenblat bbaren at mit.edu
Tue Mar 29 11:10:00 EDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Yves Cloutier <yves.cloutier at gmail.com> wrote:
> But now when executing the binary, I get the following:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: liburweb_http.so.0: cannot open
>
> Using "whereis" gives the following:
>
> /usr/local/lib/liburweb_http.so
>
> […]
>
> So I assume the library is there in /usr/local/lib, but that the urweb
> compiler doesn't know about it somehow, and that I need to add this to
> path so that it knows where to find it.

Not quite.  The compiler does know about it, but the dynamic linker on
your system is in the dark, because Arch doesn’t configure the dynamic
linker to look in /usr/local/lib by default.

> I tried modifying /etc/ld.so.conf to:
>
> #
> # /etc/ld.so.conf
> #
>
> include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
> include /usr/local/lib/*.so*
>
> # End of file

You’re on the right track, but that’s not quite the correct syntax.
Please replace the line you added with just

    /usr/local/lib

and run

    ldconfig

as root.  If you still have issues, please send us the output of

    ldd your_binary.exe

Good luck!