[Ur] Anything to squeeze in before a new Ur/Web release?

Artyom Shalkhakov artyom.shalkhakov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 02:55:02 EDT 2017

> I'd like to make a new release early next week.  I just cleared the backlog
> of bug reports and merge-ready PRs, I think.  Are there any other changes
> appropriate to make before a release?

Here's a list of stuff I'd like to see, in no particular order:

* minimal SVG support (there was an example somewhere, but I guess it should
  be included in the distribution outside of a mere test)
* query string parsing support (there isn't even an example on how to do it...
  would come in handy if one were to use Ur/Web to implement a "microservice")
* spatial data type support (e.g. points, lines, etc.)
* formatted printing support, e.g. printf my_printf_string {X=5, Y="hithere"}
* basic localization support (lookup strings based on a dictionary)
* more "business-oriented" types (date, time of day, time
span/duration, interval, UUID/GUID)

I guess this is too much, but these things is what I think is missing
from Ur/Web.

> P.S.: Ur/Web is now included in Debian stable!  Thanks to Benjamin Barenblat
> for maintaining the package.

Great news! Thanks Benjamin!

--
Cheers,