[Ur] Reading files uploaded by a user

Adam Chlipala adamc at csail.mit.edu
Sat Aug 11 16:53:06 EDT 2018

On 08/11/2018 04:34 PM, Simon Van Casteren wrote:
> I want to provide import functionality of this data and I feel CSV
> files are probably the best way to go with this. Microsoft Excel
> exports these, database programs can export these they're
> human-readable, etc.
>
> I know Ur/Web supports file upload with the file and blob types, but I
> don't know where to go from there.

I just use textboxes for CSV upload, in a few different production
deployments based on UPO <http://upo.csail.mit.edu/>.  I have to admit,
it isn't obvious that there shouldn't be a [blob -> string] function in
the standard library, so I'd be open to adding that, too, if it sounds
like the demand is there.

> BTW: Thanks for Ur/Web, it's been a godsend for me.

Glad to hear you're getting some mileage out of it!  I'm sure the crowd
here will be interested to hear more details of your applications, when
they're far enough along (and I like to add links from the Ur project site).